Broke Bish? Here’s The Healthiest Fast Food Items On The Menu
Chick-Fil-A’s first NYC restaurant opened Saturday and brought out an array of protesters against the company’s views on gay marriage, but that didn’t stop hungry people from enjoying the fasted food in town. “I’m gay and I’m obsessed with Chick-fil-A,” New Yorker Courtney Kim told Daily Caller as she lined up at the new location. She added, “My motto is that they’ll never hate gay people as much as I love fried chicken.” Even if you overlook the chain’s feather-ruffling views, don’t overlook the fact that indulging in fast food might lead to gaining a cool Freshman 15.
Fast food lovers and starving students might not be able to get their hands off the ultra-fried, trans fat-packed menus at those cheapo spots. Chick-Fil-A, McDonald’s, In N Out and Jack In The Box attract those on a post-party food prowl like a magnet. If you can’t resist, cant afford or find yourself in the company of some unhealthy friends who just won’t drop the fries, you can still join their fast-food party without having a heart attack. Here are the healthiest things you can order at fast food restaurants. Remember: hold the dressing, get your meal grilled, not fried, and opt for water or unsweetened iced tea.
Here’s exactly what to order if you love fast food AND love your body…
- Chik-Fil-A’s Chargrilled Chicken Cool Wrap: This wrap is grilled, not fried, so it retains all the nutrients that make chicken our number one lean meat. The wrap clocks in at 340 calories, no trans fat, and 15 grams of fiber (remember, a high-fiber diet helps keep you, ahem, regular). Beware of the Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing — it might be green, but it’s also a whopping 310 calories, and most of them are from fat. To burn off the wrap, hold the dressing, you’re looking at a 40 minute light jog.
- McDonald’s Nuggets: Chicken nuggets are part of any delectable fast food menu. They’re fun to eat, fun to order, and the best part is there are only 280 calories in an 6-piecer. Basically, if all your friends are hungry and you don’t want to be a wet blanket, this is your ideal order. They’re low-carb and high-protein, but remember they are also high in sodium and cholesterol. If you add honey mustard, remember it’s 100 calories per packet and totally un-nutritional. Burn off your snack with an easy 20-minutes of spinning.
- Taco Bell’s Fresco Menu: Burrito lovers, rejoice! Taco Bell’s Fresco menu is composed only of dishes that are 350 calories or less, with less than 10 grams of fat! Taco Bell’s gourmet chefs even replace the fatty cheese and sour cream with heathy pic de gaillo and guac. It can be a lunch or dinner, and you can sweat it out in the pool with only 25 minutes of swimming!
- Jack In The Box’s Grilled Chicken Salad-Hold The Dressing: Jack In The Box’s is one of the only sources of calcium on the menu, not to mention it a a great source of vitamins A and C. This one’s a must for a light lunch or on-the-go dinner. It’s only 200 calories and full of antioxidants because of all the fresh veggies. You can literally burn it off in three minutes, if you dedicate those three minutes to jumping jacks!
- Carl’s Jr Half Salad: Again, steer clear of the dressing, and and one of Carl’s Junior’s ginormous salads will only add 200 calories to your daily intake. You can choose from Cranberry Apple Walnut Grilled Chicken Salad, Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Salad or the Original Grilled Chicken Salad. Hopefully, you’re walking at least 2 miles to the nearest Carl’s Junior. If so, consider your salad fully worked out.
Photo Via Carl’s Jr