Aliyah’s Interlude Creates “AliyahCore”
Aliyah is an influencer and digital creator who uses her aliyahsinterlude1 TikTok account as a visual diary. The social media influencer, stylist and creative director Aliyah spares no secrets; she discusses dating, friendships, beauty content, travel, and political discussions. With 2.5 million followers, there’s no telling what Aliyah will do next with her digital queendom. She’s especially a role model to young black girls to dress in what they feel most comfortable. This is why she created “AliyahCore”, a fashion sense which is a mixture of harajuku, y2k, and alternative and streetwear. Aliyah is a force. We sat down with Aliyah and talked about all things fashion and beauty.
1. For those of us who don’t know you, tell us about yourself.
I am Aliyah‘s Interlude and I am a fashion stylist / icon. I created the fashion movement called #AliyahCore and making eccentric, out of the box fashion choices in my everyday style.
2. How do you feel you set yourself apart from other social media influencers?
What sets me apart from being just an influencer is my influence in real life. Girls and guys come up to me all the time and tell me that I influenced them to go after their goals and to be unapologetically themselves. I am a force !!
3. What defines your fashion sense?
AliyahCore is the name of my fashion sense and it’s a mixture of harajuku, y2k, and alternative and streetwear.
4. How is your creativity disrupting culture and pushing boundaries?
My creativity is disrupting culture and pushing boundaries by showing young people that it’s ok to wear whatever you want and be confident in it. Especially young black girls.
5. If you could limit your closet to only 3 colors, what would they be? (My guess is pink definitely has to be in the mix lol)
Pink , Black, and White. All those colors are cute in all shades, and can be styled together so easily.
6. You recently have attended New York & Milan Fashion Week, who were some of your favorite designers and why?
Some of my favorite designers were Tia Adelo, Feek from Head of State, Diesel, and Blumarine !
7. What are your favorite fashion trends of all time?
AliyahCore is my fave fashion trend !!
8. What are your least favorite fashion trends?
I don’t hate any fashion trends, I believe everyone like what they like and there’s nothing wrong with that
9. If you could be a stylist or creative director for someone, who would it be and why?
I would love to be a stylist for Doja Cat. eva use she’s so fluid with her fashion and I relate to her in that way.
10. If you could only choose one social media platform, which one would it be and why?
I would say instagram because I love just posting my pics and leaving the app completely. Every other app you have to interact with so many people all the time.
11. What is your beauty routine (morning vs night)?
My beauty routine starts with waking up early and using topicals under eye masks then washing my face with cold water. I then do my makeup. At night I just take off my makeup before my shower and use cortizone 10 for any blemishes.
12. What are some beauty tips for our Galore audience?
Always take off your makeup !!! No matter how tired you are don’t forget !!
13. Are there any cool projects you are currently working on?
I’m currently working on music, acting, and having my own fashion talk show very soon !
Photography: EDWIG HENSON
Styling: KAREEM COLE
Photo Assistant: SOFIA RYZHENKO
Fashion Assistants: KAIA CARIOLI, KALEIGH MERRIWEATHER
Hair Stylist: ASIA PIERRE
Makeup Artist: EDWIG HENSON
Nails: SASHA YAASIR
Features Editor: SHIRLEY REYNOZO @moyamusic_
Galore Art Direction: PERRIN JOHNSON @editsbyperry