11 Of The Best Matte Lipsticks You Can Buy When Kylie Jenner’s Are Sold Out
In years past, we may have skipped our matte lipsticks in favor of their glossier cousins, but thanks to new formulations, and our previous cover girl Kylie Jenner, comfortable mattes are here to stay.
You might love the look but hate the chalky feeling and the inevitable dry patches the formula causes on your lips. But one major perk is that you can rock a bright, bold, and fabulous lip color without worrying about any smearing or excess shine. Plus, your hair won’t get caught in your lipstick, which is always helpful on date night!
Kylie Cosmetics makes a mean matte lipstick, but since every shade is usually sold out, here’s the best mattes that have come across our beauty editors’ desks as of late.
1. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips in Rouch – $6
2. Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in Menace – $11
3. Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Rose Finish – $24
4. Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick in Vampy Plum – $22
5. Chanel Rouge Alure Velvet in #55 – $37
6. Mac Lipstick in Ruby Woo – $17
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Soft Plum – $20
8. Maybelline Color Sensation Creamy Matte Lip Color in Daringly Nude – $5.49
9. Marc Jacobs Kiss Pop Lip Color Stick in Wham – $28
10. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita – $26
11. NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick – $6