10 On The Go Beauty Tricks DOROTHY Is Using While Touring With Miguel
Dorothy may front an all-guy rock band, but she’s very much a girl! Traveling all over America on tour with Miguel can take quite a toll on any rock diva, but Dorothy’s mastered her on the go beauty, health and fitness regimen like a pro. From makeup to meditation, here’s Dorothy’s 10 ways to survive #tourlife.
DOROTHY TOUR SURVIVAL GUIDE
It’s a good thing one of my girlfriends, Kristen Collins, is an esthetician. I get to call her whenever I have beauty emergencies on the road. These are the basics I stick to to keep myself happy during tour:
1. Double up on vitamins (Vitamin C, Zinc, Multivitamins, etc.)!!!
2. Drink TONS of water.
3. Get as much sleep as possible.
4. Sunscreen (I like Elta MD).
5. I use good makeup brands that don’t irritate my skin. I love MAKEUP FOREVER & URBAN DECAY!
6. I take off ALL my makeup nightly and use a good moisturizer (I love Amore Pacific SPF eye cream during the day and Biologique creams, which are all-natural and very nourishing).
7. I try not to over-wash my hair and am a fan of cleansing conditioners. I’ve started wearing it curly which feels really nice and natural. (Bumble and Bumble make my favorite products for curly hair and they smell delicious).
8. Eating well on the road can be a challenge. I make a lot of grocery store stops to stock up the bus. I usually get protein shakes, bananas, almond butter, oatmeal, and veggies.
9. I drink green tea all the time, and whenever possible I go for a run, hike, or find a local gym for a day pass.
10. Relaxation and meditation is important. If I’m feeling particularly run down I’ll try to get a massage. Being a performer and vocalist is very much like being an athlete, so we all do our best to take care of our bodies.
See the tour dates for Dorothy with Miguel HERE.