YouTuber Meg DeAngelis Suggests These Resolutions For The Most Confident You In 2016
YouTuber and actress Meg DeAngelis empowers girls around the world with her peppy spirit and positive attitude. Between starring in Dance Camp, the upcoming feature film from YouTube and Awesomeness Films, and launching her very own PBteen collection January 1st, Meg is still finding time to instill confidence within her YouTube viewers. New year, new you? Meg thinks about self improvement a little differently. From sharing more of your amazing ideas to learning how to love yourself, here are 10 New Year’s resolutions Meg encourages you to make so that you can successfully dominate 2016.
1. Speak up more — at work, in school, among friends. Your ideas are golden, don’t keep them inside!
2. Read more; whether it’s catching up on the latest news or cozying up with a new book from your favorite writer. Reading helps stimulate creativity while staying up-to-date on current events.
3. Look your best! Wherever you are headed, dress in what makes you feel confident, even for your quick coffee runs. You never know who you might meet…
4. No more self body shaming! It’s easy to bond with others over our imperfections, but doing so leads to lower self esteem over time. Next time you want to say something negative about your body, bite your tongue!
5. Live an active lifestyle to be healthy, not to be in the pursuit of perfection.
6. Make more “me” time! Treat yourself to a manicure, massage, new haircut, or even a run through the park. Be sure to make time for things that make you feel empowered!
7. Surround yourself with positive influences, and in return, be a positive influence in others’ lives.
8. Try things outside of your comfort zone. Living in a new area? Check out sites like Groupon or LivingSocial and take that hip hop class or rock climbing lesson you’ve always wanted to try.
9. Re-connect with a childhood friend. It’s important to remember the people you knew when you were young and those who helped to shape who you are today.
10. Conquer the things that scare you – whether it’s trying a new type of food or singing in front of a crowd; don’t let your fears hold you back, you may even discover a hidden talent!