Shed The Winter Lbs With This Garden Salad Recipe
Seasons are changing and clothes are getting shorter and tighter. Many ladies have been hiding from the snow under a big cashmere sweater with a big bowl of takeout. It’s time to get our Summer bods back and it’s totally possible by just eating clean! Here’s a simple garden salad recipe with an easy dressing made from scratch. Let’s get back on our healthy grinds during the weekend, not after!
Photos, styling and text by Marta Fowlie aka Food Polka
Garden salad with avocado and wasabi dressing
Shopping list (1 serving):
- handful heart of romaine lettuce leaves, separated and dried (take off old, wilted leafs from outside)
- 1 hardboiled egg cut into thick slices (to get ot cook 10 minutes in boiling water)
- 5-8 fresh cilantro springs (with stems)
- 1 green onion (cut into 1” pieces)
- 2 radishes (quartered)
- 1 unpeeled persian cucumber (sliced or cut into matchsticks)
- 1 ripe avocado (sliced or quartered)
- 1/3 cup whole milk natural yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder or paste (or more if you like spicy)
- salt and pepper
Now follow these steps:
- Combine yogurt, lemon zest, juice and wasabi in small dish; spice with salt and pepper to your liking; combine all ingredients together with whisker or fork until blended together and smooth (dressing should be semi-liquid consistency).
- Arrange all garden ingredients in large salad bowl and dress with wasabi-yogurt mixture.