V-Day Recipe: Aphrodisiac Fruit Dipped In Chocolate
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion for dipping aphrodisiac fruit in rich, velvety chocolate. Here’s how!
Photos, styling and text by Marta Fowlie aka Food Polka
- 70% dark chocolate (or milk if you prefer)
- Fresh, finely ground coffee (preferably espresso bean)
- Thai Chili powder
- Skewers or toothpicks
- Aphrodisiac ingredients are highlighted red
- Cut fruits into desired shapes.
- Put them on the skewers, toothpicks or use their natural stems (like cherry of strawberry).
- Melt chocolate in the fondue pot, double boiler (if you don’t have one you can make your own; just bring water to boil in larger pot and then place chocolate in a second smaller pot that will fit inside the one with boiling water; the chocolate should melt).
- Dip fruits in the hot chocolate.
- To add even more spice, sprinkle over chocolate some hot chili flakes or finely ground coffee.