Tiny Empire’s 7 Ways To Juice The Healthy, Proper Way
Founder Anthony Spadaro first created Tiny Empire with the commitment to use exclusively organic produce. Fruits and vegetables are not treated with heat, pressure, or preservatives—processes often used to lengthen shelf life. Executive chef, Melissa Love, is a former fashion stylist turned raw food chef and was formerly head of production and product development for Liquiteria Cold Press Juice, so we just had to ask her all about the proper, healthy way to juice cleanse.
1. Whenever I do a cleanse, I give myself a few days to prepare. The last thing you want to do is stress out your body while you attempting to eliminate toxins. Better to ease into the process.
2. Swap out the coffee and cocktails for green tea and kombucha for a few days in preparation of eliminating caffeine and alcohol completely during your cleanse .
3. Faze out all processed food and focus on clean eating. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and raw foods for a few days before you begin juicing.
4. Start out every morning with 32 oz of room temp water with lemon and ginger. Good practice to get into always, but especially for the few days before and during your cleanse. And continue to drink lots of water throughout the day.
5. Herbal teas are your best friend when doing a cleanse. Kava for relaxation is my favorite. Provides another way to hydrate and is a nice break during the more challenging moments of a cleanse.
6. Give yourself a break from stress and let your body have the time to do the work to detox. Don’t attempt to cleanse during a big work project or social obligations.
7. Yoga and meditation, a really good book and lots of sleep.
If you haven’t seen our #GenerationBombshell Kylie Jenner cover party recap, check it out now to see the Galore x Tiny Empire collaboration. Tiny Empire wanted to create a fresh & delicious green juice for Galore – as the ultimate survival go-to for NYFW. This combination of pineapple, cucumber, basil, fennel and kale is perfect for starting your day, sipping between shows and events, or the best way to help soothe the pain from the cocktails from the night before. Be sure to come by Tiny Empire’s Williamsburg or Soho locations and pick up a juice from NYFW is over!
Follow Tiny Empire on Instagram.