The Perfect Spring Break Cocktail Recipe
Want to get wasted for spring break but still stay healthy? Well, here’s a whiskey slushy to assist with your good time while maintaing your cute beach bod. It contains almost your entire day’s worth of fruit and it totally gets you DRUNK. Not only will you keep the bloat down, but you’ll keep your funds up! You don’t have to buy expensive cocktails to feel like you’re living both lavishly and tropically, you can simply make ‘em on the spot! Drink responsibly, but have some fun.
photos, styling and text by Marta Fowlie aka Food Polka
Shopping list (1 serving):
- 1 cup of fresh, sliced papaya (cold, you can place it in a freezer for 30 minutes)
- juice from 1 large orange (cold)
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1.7 ounces whisky (equals 50ml mini bottles of liquor)
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 ice cubes
Now follow these steps:
- In a blender, blend the papaya, orange juice, zest, honey, whiskey, and ice cubes until slushy.
- Store in a freezer for 20-30 minutes if it isn’t thick enough.
- Serve in a cocktail glass of your choice topped with a maraschino cherry.