Who Says Breakfast Has To Be Boring? Try This Piña Colada Oatmeal!
We think old fashioned oatmeal is simply out of style! Your quick breakfast oatmeal doesn’t have to be boring and flavorless. Just a few simple and practical ingredients can make your morning oatmeal taste like a million bucks, or like a fancy beach-time cocktail. Here’s a recipe that will take that Piña Colada you love so much and add the same tropical goodness to your morning routine. Enjoy!
Photos, Styling & Text By Marta Fowlie aka Food Polka
- 3/4 cup of unflavored, unsweetened coconut water
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal (has better texture then the instant)
- 4 slim slices of fresh, ripe pineapple (use canned one if fresh isn’t available)
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk (or whole milk, natural yogurt)
- toasted, slightly sweetened coconut flakes (you can buy them in small packages)
- brown, cane sugar (optional)
Now Follow These Steps:
- Pour coconut water in a large breakfast bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Chop finely one slice of pineapple and add to the bowl with coconut water, blend with hand blender or mix together smashing pineapple with a fork until sweet juice comes out.
- Add oatmeal, coconut milk (or natural yogurt) and remaining pineapple slices.
- If you desire more sweetness add brown sugar to your personal taste.