POP QUIZ: How Much Do You Really Know About NYFW?
In case you haven’t noticed, New York Fashion Week is in full swing. You might think the hardest part of fashion week is walking in your seven-inch heels or trying to hail a cab, but just imagine working in the frenzy backstage. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears goes in to making those ten-minute shows flawless. Think you know enough about NYFW to handle it? Test your knowledge below…oh, and don’t worry if you’re not sitting front row this fashion week, there’s always next season.
1.New York had its first Fashion Week in what year?
2. Which super-model fell while walking for a Vivienne Westwood show in 1993?
A. Kate Moss
B. Cindy Crawford
C. Naomi Campbell
D. Christy Turlington
3. A photographer capturing NYFW takes on average, about ____ pictures.
4. The oldest model to every walk in a runway show was ____ years old.
5. On average, a full-time PR associate’s NYFW workday is ____ hours long and a model’s is ____.
A. 16 & 10
B. 14 & 12
C. 10 & 13
D. 11 & 8
6. Last year, it was reported that NYFW attendees consumed over ____ cups of espresso.
7. Fashion Week takes place in four different cities in what order?
A. New York, London, Milan, Paris
B. Paris, London, New York, Milan
C. Milan, Paris, London, New York
D. London, Paris, Milan, New York
8. This years NYFWs are expected to bring in a whopping total of ____ for the city’s economy.
A. $1 billion
B. $573 million
C. $634 million
D. $865 million
9. NYFW has had 3 homes since its conception, including ____, Lincoln Center, and as of this year Skylight Clarkson Square.
A. Central Park
B. Bryant Park
C. Washington Square Park
D. The High Line
The answers: 1. B, 2. C, 3. A, 4. D, 5. B, 6. C, 7. A, 8. D, 9. B