8 Celebs Who Posed As Marilyn Monroe
Who is somebody that all celebs wannabe? Marilyn Monroe, of course! The original bombshell became a major sex symbol throughout her time starring in major motion pictures during the 1950s and 1960s, but she’s just as important now as she was then. It’s been about 50 years since her death, and Marilyn still has 13 million likes on Facebook. Sure, it’s millions away from the very much so alive Kim Kardashian’s 25 million likes, but just as Gloria Steinam’s famous PBS essay once stated – Marilyn Monroe will not die. Publications know sex sells and are even more certain that a sexy Marilyn sells out. What else sells? Celebrities. Combine the two, and there you have it – Monroe makeovers in all their glory. Checkout Galore’s 8 favorite Marilyn wannabes of all time, below!
1. Anna Nicole Smith posed as Marilyn for a Peta campaign.
2. Beyoncé paid homage to the most iconic woman for the cover of Out Magazine.
3. Candice Swanepoel underwent an entire 50s transformation for Max Factor.
4. Charlize Theron posed for Esquire as the sex symbol.
5. Charlotte McKinney did her bombshell duty in Vanity Fair.
6. Kim Kardashian channeled Marilyn for Vogue Brasil.
7. Lindsay Lohan posed for a Monroe-themed Playboy spread.
8. Madonna was recreated as Marilyn for Rolling Stone.