8 Products That Give You The Natural Look
Boys don’t like makeup, or so they THINK. Last week, as I was paying for my morning coffee, I overheard a group of teenage boys talking about how much they love when girls don’t wear any makeup. I am not one to listen in on random strangers’ conversations, because I usually don’t care, but this one was just too juicy to ignore. I got to hear three dudes talk about the female species with zero filter. I hit the jackpot!
I noticed that they were surfing through Instagram and stopping at every photo of a pretty girl. As they would arrive at a picture that grabbed their attention, they would all get really loud and agree that her bare face made her prettier than the rest of the Insta babes. Nosey me did not believe that many girls posted makeup-free photos, so I definitely went full stalker and leaned over them to see what they were looking at. Just as I suspected, every girl they claimed to be void of makeup had a full face of product on! My observations taught me two things: Boys are stupid, and girls should continue to fool them.
Less is more, especially when it comes to your beautiful face, but many women are left confused when shopping for products that blend naturally with their skin. Out with the old cake face and in with the new natural look. Nothing says it’s a new year like a new face! A complete set of brand-spanking-new makeup will leave your friends, family, and lover(s) trying to decipher why you look so much hotter than you did last week. The smallest changes make the biggest differences after all!
I’ve rounded up the best products I used in 2014. Whether you choose to adopt my old routine or create your own look, just avoid the trends and use makeup that enhances your natural beauty!
1. Start with the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Use a sponge to apply it all over evenly. This foundation gives you the perfect amount of coverage without looking too airbrushed.
2. Apply the Benefit High Beam on your upper cheek bones and along the top on your eyebrows. Use your fingers or a new sponge to lightly dab on the highlighter. You’ll glow all day if you use it over your foundation and underneath your powder.
3. Lightly brush the Chanel Beiges Pressed Powder over your foundation and highlighter. This helps keep your foundation in place and creates the perfect complexion. Keep it in your purse and apply it when needed!
4. With a blush brush, apply Nars Outlaw directly along the bottom of your cheekbones. This blush is dark enough to give you definition, but light enough to keep your face looking clean.
Cynthia Rowley Liquid Liner, Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel & Too Faced Melted Lipstick
5. It’s hard to go wrong with the precision Cynthia Rowley’s Liquid Liner offers. Place your elbow on a flat surface and steadily line your eyelid. Go over your initial line until it is smooth and thick enough.
6. Lightly brush your brows with Anastasia’s Tinted Brow Gel. I like this better than a pencil because it’s quick and easy. After you apply this to your brows, brush them with a toothbrush to remove any gel clumps.
7. Curl your eyelashes and apply Urban Decay’s Perversion Mascara. This mascara stays wet long enough for you to stroke your lashes to their perfect shape.
8. Use a simple lip balm and apply Too Face’s Melted Lipstick. Melted accentuates your natural lip color and lasts all day. All of the colors are amazing, but nude is my favorite!