Half Price Equivalents for the 10 Priciest Beauty Products in Kim K’s Makeup Bag
In a makeup master class, Kim Karadashian and Mario Dedivanovic revealed a long list of luxury beauty products Kim uses on the daily. The list included 50 individual products which all added up to $1200 (or $1700 including tools), according to Cosmopolitan.
We can all agree that Kim K’s makeup is always on point and while we’d love nothing more than to steal every product in her kit, we’re not quite as flush with cash as she is.
So we took the 10 most luxe products that made her list and found their more affordable, yet almost-or-equally-as-good replacements.
1. Kim’s foundation(s) took top spot as the most expensive product(s) on the list.
Kim mixes two Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation‘s (in shades 7.0 and 9.0) which each retail at $62. Together, that’s a whopping $124.
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation is a great substitute for the Armani foundations. NARS foundation retails at $48 and is matched to both skin tone and undertones, just like the Armani foundations, meaning the color will be an exact match.
2. The second most expensive product is Kim’s Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pro Palette which retails at $88.
The palette has a primer and 11 shades to suit every brow color. This palette is great – but unless you constantly dye your hair or do your friends’ makeup, you don’t need 11 different eyebrow powders.
We recommend Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade which retails at $18. The pomade is an easy-to-use, all-in-one product that helps to define brows. There are 11 shades to choose from ranging from blonde to granite.
3. The third most expensive product is the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow bronzer which retails at $68.
The compact is complete with both a highlighter and bronzer, perfect for sculpting the face.
Replace this product with Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette which retails at $32. The palette comes with a bronzer, highlighter, and blush.
4. Kim uses Tom Ford Lip Color, which retails at $52.
She uses a bunch of custom-made colors so we’ll never know the exact shades she uses but most of the time, you’ll catch Kim in a nude, satin lip. We recommend NARS Satin Lipstick in “Honolulu Honey” or NARS Sheer Lipstick in “Cruising”. Both retail at $28.
5. Kim uses Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Eyeshadow, which retails at $52.
Smashbox cosmetics has their Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio compact that contains three shades similar to the Charlotte Tilbury compact. The Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio retails at $28.
6. Kim uses Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess eyeshadow palette to highlight the browbone, at $52.
We’re obsessed with Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Highlighter. It is a liquid face highlighter that you can pretty much use all over. The highlighter leaves a “glow from within” look so you can use a ton of it without looking like a glitter bomb exploded on you.
Because the highlighter is liquid, you can also mix it directly into your foundation and it will brighten your complexion (YAS! to any multi-purpose products).
7. The seventh most expensive product on the list is the Kevin Aucoin Eye Pigment that Kim uses in “Titan.” It’s $48.
MAC Eye Shadow “Coppering”, which retails at $16, has a similar orange-copper pigment to the one mentioned above. The MAC eyeshadow is a powder eyeshadow so we recommend using an eyeshadow primer to prevent fallout out.
8. The eighth most expensive product on the list is Kim’s contour kit.
Kim uses the Anastasia Beverly Hills Original Contour Kit which retails at $40. The kit has three highlighting and three contouring powders.
The ABH Contour Kit is pretty bomb but if you’re contouring on a budget, we really love the NYX Wonder Sticks. The chubby sticks retail at $12 and are complete with two shades – one dark and one light.
9. Kim uses Giorgio Armani Eye Tint which retails at $39, making it the ninth most expensive product on this list.
L’Oréal Infaillible 24 HR Eyeshadow is an amazing substitute for the Giorgio Armani Eye Tint. The creamy eyeshadow glides on easily and doesn’t crease or smudge throughout the day. This eyeshadow retail at $7.95.
10. The final product to make this list is the Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder that Kim uses.
The product is a loose, setting powder that keeps skin matte by absorbing oil. It retails at $38.00.
The Maybelline Facestudio Translucent Powder, which retails at $9.99, will set makeup and mattify skin just as well.
Photo’s via @kimkardashian