Style Stunner: Jessica Morrow’s 5 Lessons On Mid Season Dressing
What’s the best thing about winter other than using coziness as an excuse to catch up on all 6 seasons of your latest Netflix guilty pleasure? Well, being cozy in endless layers of knits – especially in black. The best thing about being cozy during wintertime in LA is that you can totally get away with wearing a sweater and shorts. Lucky for us, model Jessica Morrow gave us some try worthy trend lessons! After listening to some Led Zeppelin and blasting Nirvana, we chatted about how to perfect mid season dressing. Dressed in an array of styles, she was definitely giving off a Mia Wallace, Penny Lane and Kate Moss all combined type of vibe. We know one thing for sure, Cam’ron would have dug it. See her 5 tips on mid season dressing below.
1. Keep your black summer basics (i.e. bodysuits, dresses, shorts, crop tops) and pair them with your loudest and fluffiest of coats.
2. Keep all of those too-short-for-winter summer skirts and dresses near the front of your closet! But wear ’em with black tights or socks.
3. Due to the bipolar weather we’ve been having in LA, layering is key. Opt for a chunky sweater over a light dress with socks and boots. This way your legs can get some afternoon sun!
4. Pile on some statement jewelry. The 90s choker is sooo in right now and I totally love it. I usually wear a solid crystal to help spread good vibes throughout the day along with some dainty and bejeweled stackable rings.
5. Last but not least, my favorite winter fabric is velvet! You can find chokers, dresses, bell bottoms, tanks and anything else your heart desires in velvet. It’s not too heavy and it’s cool to the touch. Plus, everyone loves to cop a feel [laughs]!