Get The Look: Drew Barrymore Taught Us Overalls Are Cool
Overalls are the romper’s vintage, utilitarian, denim cousin. They can be quick to throw on and look put together in, but they are also all too easy to look like a toddler or farmer in if you don’t wear them right.
Drew Barrymore takes the crown for 90s style maven. Her no-f****s-given attitude transcended into her fashion, from daisies in her hair on the red carpet to pastel pink hair before it was cool. With 90s-inspired clothing being all the rage this summer, who better to take notes from on one of the season’s biggest trends?
1. First things first, find the right pair of overalls. For summer, these short dungarees from Topshop are a great pick because of their classic design and 90s-inspired, true blue hue.
2. When taking clothing inspiration from a couple of decades ago, you want to make sure that you don’t look outdated. A funky pair of sunglasses, like these zebra striped ones with reflective blue lenses from Crap Eyewear, add a modern flair.
3. This dainty bangle from Marc by Marc Jacobs lets you accessorize with daisies just like Drew (sorta). It would also look great with more gold bracelets or a watch. #armparty
4. Drew’s cotton-candy pink hair is one of the best parts of her vintage look. This pink, crochet halter top by She Made Me plays off of her hair color. It’s to be worn under the overalls, contrasting with the denim fabric and square neckline of the dungarees, and adding a boho vibe where it’s not expected.
5. Everyone needs an easy, everyday pair of shoes to slide on in the summer, and Birks seem to be the most popular answer to fill that void. The holographic silver straps give these Birkenstocks an updated upgrade.