Your Favorite It-Girls Name The Best Songs of 2015
With the year wrapping up, it’s time to figure out what we want to take with us into 2016; and with the chance for a fresh start in 2016, it’s safe to assume there’s not going to be much we’re trying to remember. Except, of course, the biggest bangers of the year past. Here, your favorite it-girls weigh in on the songs, albums, and divas that they loved all year long.
1. Atlanta De Cadenet, daughter of Duran Duran’s John Taylor, and a DJ in her own right, is definitely a good go-to for figuring out the ultimate jams of this year. And she chose well—her favorite song of the year is “I Know There’s Gonna Be (Good Times)”, the Jamie Xx, Young Thug, and Popcaan collaboration that kept us happy all summer long.
2. Jesse Jo Stark isn’t about all that top 40 list, so if you’re more a retro-lovin’ girl, these songs are for you. She named “Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’, Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard’s cover of ‘Pancho and Lefty’, and Rocky Erickson’s ‘ Walked With a Zombie’, as her faves. Don’t forget to check out Jesse Jo’s own music—here’s her video for ‘Baby Love’ below.
3. With her own new album coming out, JoJo‘s all set to take the stage for herself, but still found time to reflect on the music that came out this year:”I love Disclosure‘s whole first album…I also just love any kind of remix with my favorite pop divas.”
4. Singer-songwriter and great-grand daughter of fashion godmother Diana Vreeland, Caroline Vreeland named a nice variety of tunes; “The Weeknd’s first record, House of Balloons, Beach House’s album Bloom, and any Chet Baker.”
5. And lastly, Ali Michael said it right when she Instagrammed J. Bieber’s ultimate banger, “What Do You Mean”. If there was any song (and human) we couldn’t love anymore, it would be this one, by that guy.