Drab To Fab: 6 Fashionably Evolved Celebs From The 2013 AMA’s
This year’s AMAs may have been the best show the awards ceremony has ever had. And it isn’t just because of the crying cat performance (Miley can do no wrong) or the horse drawn arrival (another “shocker” by Gaga) but the celebrities and songstresses in attendance this year looked more stylish and polished than ever. Even those who we can’t help but dislike on principal (Taylor’s surprised face can bite it) looked just a little bit sexier and more stylish this year. So here is a list of the six most fashionably evolved attendees at this year’s AMAs. Good job ladies, you just get better with age.
1. Taylor Swift: This year the 23 year old songstress looked tall, toned and sexy in a short, strapless Julien Macdonald number. Her naturally curly tresses tamed into a chic, French-girl bangs style. It is a far cry from her 2011, floor length princess gown or her 2009 goldilocks curly cue. The musician is growing up well, evolving from her permanently “fifteen” year old mind and style. We almost like her. Almost.
2. Heidi Klum: The supermodel is known for her fabulous style and eccentric looks but in the past her AMA outfits have gone a little far. Is she trying to outshine Gaga? Out slut Kesha. Can’t be done. But this year she looked rock and roll sexy in her Marchesa frock, showing off her impressive gams! Much hotter than last year’s practically covered up, high necked, long sleeved ensemble from last year.
3. Nicole Richie: Everyone knows that the now designer and mother has cleaned up her look and her act phenomenally within the past ten years. But this year’s cutout Pucci number just clinches the ten year difference. Goodbye skunky hair streaks, hello Hollywood glam.
4. Kesha: Nobody shocked more than Kesha on the red carpet this year. Whereas Taylor and Heidi shocked by being sexier and more seductive than usual, Kesha wowed everyone by looking downright demure! And while Galore does not usually celebrate the demure, it does celebrate the ability to look sexy and classy in your getups, which Kesha managed with flying colors. Literally, her hair was a rainbow of color. Much sexier than her 2010 gilded brows and vinyl gown duo.
5. Lady Gaga: Gaga’s sartorial stunt this year was relatively tame in comparison to past years. Though many seem disappointed with the lack of horror and disgust associated with her horse drawn arrival this year, we found it to be both hilarious as well as flattering! Gaga looked like a princess as opposed to a serial killer in her floor length Versace number and after the meat dress/ gender bender/ body suit incidents of the past, a breather was much needed for this year.
6. Miley Cyrus: Last but not least! Miley has arrived at every AMA award show in past years looking like a Disney princess so we applaud this year’s daringly androgynous and yet sexy outfit with gusto! She looked mature, classy and yet heart wrenchingly luscious. The cat outfit we can save for another discussion…