Christmas Songs That Won’t Annoy You
You know how our parents seem to say “Christmas is coming earlier every year?” This year, I actually felt it. I was very confused as to why I was finding myself grocery shopping while Whole Foods played “Little Drummer Boy” throughout the store In mid-November. Isn’t the rule that you have to wait until after Thanksgiving?! Apparently not anymore.. With every single store in New York playing Christmas music for the past month, not to mention the taxis, and basically anywhere that there is public music playing. I don’t mind a good christmas song, don’t get me wrong, but if you need to spice up your holiday playlist the same way you spiced up Grandma’s eggnog last year with some Rum, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of our favorite throwback jams about Christmas that may or may not be appropriate for your annual family get-together.
1. Christmas Tree- Lady GaGa: I must admit that I find myself listening to this song when it’s nowhere near Christmas, it’s a great gym jam.
2. Merry Frickin’ Christmas- Frickin’ A: Well, at least this songs describes how you actually feel about going home to your family for the holidays…
3. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays- ‘NSYNC: I don’t think I had to tell you guys about this one, but if you haven’t seen the video yet, it’s adorable.
4. All I Want For Christmas Is To Get It Crunk- Dirty Boys: For those of you that have been naughty this year…or are just trying to turn up at the holiday party.
5. Christmas in Hollywood- Hollywood Undead : This is also a great choice if you want your Great Aunt Suzie to have a heart attack.