10 Of Cassandra Dawn’s Model-Approved Style Tips
Venice beach babe Cassandra Dawn is famous for her swim style. She takes the creativity of the gritty, artistic Venice culture and makes it come alive in her beach-y photoshoots. She told us her 5 best kept secrets, all about beauty, style, and why she (surprisingly) never gets in the water. Keep these tips in mind when packing for a tropical getaway.
What is your go-to swimsuit line when you’re in need on set?
Describe your style in 3 words.
Simplistic, Beachy, Romantic.
You’re a very natural, sun kissed, island glow kind of girl. Tell us about your daily skin and beauty routine that keeps you looking so fresh.
Thank you! I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day and avoid sodas or sugary drinks which I know helps a TON with my skin. I swear by the Boscia Cool Cleansing Oil to properly remove makeup before bed. I like to switch it up and use a lot of different moisturizers. Right now I’m loving the Kate Somerville Dilo Oil Restorative Treatment, or pure coconut oil on my face. I prefer tinted moisturizer or bb/cc cream rather than a heavy foundation during the day. Smashbox makes an amazing one that has SPF 35 in it. I’m not a huge fan of matte skin, so a dewey look is my fave and I use mineral powder sparingly on my face! Dusting a good, shimmery bronzer on the cheekbones, hairline area and chin for a super easy way to get an “island” glow. I also prefer a more natural look so I stick to neutral toned eye shadows and pinky nude lipsticks.
Tell us 5 things the world does not know about you.
1. I grew up as an extremely shy kid. Then I ran for student body Vice President in high school and had to get over that quickly when I gave a speech in front of my entire class!
2. I have a fraternal twin sister named Jackie. We are best friends and some people think we look identical, although I don’t think we do at all!
3. I’m a huge bookworm. When I was growing up I didn’t care to play with toys or play outside, I wanted to stay inside and read all day! If I still had the same amount of free time I would do that now.
4. I used to have a career dealing contemporary art. It was one of the greatest learning experiences of my life and it’s still my passion.
5. Even though I take photos at the prettiest beaches, swimming pools and in swimsuits, but I will rarely ever get in the water when it’s cold!! And the ocean is always cold in California. The only people that know this are the photographers I work with who see how much I avoid getting in if I don’t have to!
To shave or not to shave on a first date?
Always shave on the first date! In fact I always shave, period. Having smooth skin at all times is like wearing lingerie under your clothes. It feels nice & makes a girl feel more confident & pretty!
Photos by Devon Trunk