Galore Man Crush Asher Monroe Speaks On His New EP & V-Day Plans
Photography by Angelo Kritikos
Lucky for you ladies, we chatted with singer, dancer, and actor Asher Monroe about his new EP, his love for leather and what makes a gal wifey material. The 26-year old cutie is one to watch, especially after being named one of MTV’s Top Ten Artists next to the likes of Frank Ocean and Lana! Peep the interview below:
1. On My Way Part 2 just came out! What’s your favorite song on the new EP?
I’m super excited about the release. It’s hard to pin down a favorite! “Memory” ft. Chris Brown was the first one I got really excited about, which is why we shot a video for it. “Sign Your Love” and “F***ed Up” ft. Sean Kingston are my two other favorites. They are all my little babies, so it’s sometimes hard to pick one favorite.
2. What’s your best memory while recording this project?
It was really cool when people would drop by the studio. Then seeing such positive reactions from artists like Rihanna, Will.iam, and Nelly, who would ask, “who is this?” while my songs were playing. I would just be smiling from the other side of the room.
3. We LOVE that you’re always in a leather jacket! Who makes your favorite one?
Do I wear that much leather?! LOL. I think it’s because I never get to wear my leather jackets in LA because it’s too hot. I got to bust them out while in New York though! I don’t have a favorite brand, just anything that fits me well!
4. Do you use a specific cologne? If so, which one do you use?
One of my recent favorites is Valentino. Sweet but musky.
5. You have a song called soulmate! What do you look for in a girl that’s WIFEY material?
I like a woman who is smart, passionate, driven, sexy, and someone who shares the same passion for animals as I do. 🙂
6. What are your V-Day plans?
I just saw an informercial selling life-size teddy bears. That’s one check off the list! I have dinner reservations at one of the hot spots in LA, and what happens after? Well, to be continued…. 😉
7. Where would you take your lady on a first date?
Somewhere fun that will break the ice. A concert or music festival always works!
8. What’s the best gift to give a woman on the holiday of love?
A love song written about her.
9. Do you get more nervous before you perform or before you kiss a girl?
Before I perform. I call it butterflies.
10. When can Galore Girls see their man crush live and in concert?
Hopefully very soon! Make sure to follow me on Twitter for any upcoming dates!