Do-It-All Babe Arden Cho Talks Acting Tips & Working Out With Her Puppy
Arden Cho is an actor, designer, and fitness guru. She has appeared on MTV’s Teen Wolf, designs watches for Leonard & Church, and remains a fit owner to her puppy, Chewy. In our interview, Arden gives some tips on balancing her insanely busy life and shares her top 5 tips for girls who want to break into acting, plus the secret for a 20 minute workout!
You play a shapeshifter on MTV’s Teen Wolf. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Teleportation, that would be amazing.
Favorite work out to do with your puppy?
Chewy’s interesting, she’s a rare dog that doesn’t like to play fetch but she loves to run. This might sound a little silly but we pretty much play a game of tag – minus the actual “tagging part” – so we kind of just race back and forth. We also walk/run about 2 miles.
What’s the best quick & easy workout to do in less than 20 mins?
When I’m really pressed for time, I’ll go outside with Chewy and run/walk for about 10 minutes then a quick rotation of abs and squats/burpees.
Any plans to adopt any more animals?
Chewy’s well socialized and has many play dates but you never know, she may feel threatened if I bring home another dog. I’ve actually considered getting a kitten, then they can play when they want but really just do their own thing. Chewy & I are lovers of all animals, so we’ll see what happens.
What’s the best part of working with Leonard & Church? Which watch is currently living on your wrist?
I get to express a completely different creative and business side of myself. It’s been amazing to see the growth of Leonard & Church, it’s challenging yet incredibly rewarding. I’m currently wearing the Astor black/silver.
Why watches over other jewelry?
I have a weakness for watches. It’s a must have for me and I love that with Leonard & Church we are able to work directly with the manufacturer and cut out the middleman to offer the best price for consumers.
It seems like you do it all. How do you balance all your activities and still fit in time to work out and chill?
It’s definitely changed in the last 6 months. The last couple years I was really overwhelmed with the busy schedule and not finding enough time for myself. It was just work, sleep, repeat. I think it’s all about balance.
I find that when I’m making time for myself to rejuvenate and see my friends, it helps relieve the pressure of a constant working lifestyle. This cuts out on my sleeping time but I think making time for the people that bring me joy in life is really important for my sanity.
What are your top 5 tips for girls looking to break into acting?
1. Study and take acting classes. Whether you’re reading acting books or in a theater class, you must be actively practicing and honing your craft everyday. Practice makes better!
2. Learn other aspects of performance as well, like music or dance, to help build and strengthen your performing muscles.
3. Be open to trying live theater and improv. Improv classes really helped me in a time I was struggling with the repetitive nature of auditions and rejection. It was a fresh approach that was terrifying but extremely helpful in getting me out of my rut!
4. Work on student films, indie films and even write and produce your own content!
5. Set goals for yourself and check them off as you go. Don’t limit yourself, the world is your oyster. If you love it, go after it and believe in yourself!