Alex Polillo Styled Amy Poehler’s Hair for the Emmys With Uberliss
The lovely Amy Poehler hair was styled using the wonderful Uberliss products by Alex Polillo for the Emmy Awards last night. So we can create the looks Polillo told us how she created the beautiful hairstyle check it out!
Inspiration: “For tonights look, we decided to keep hair fun, playful and a little edgy, letting the dress stand out. Since it is a big event, I knew her hair needed to shine but at the same time, stay understated. Leaving the and straight, and alternating between two different types of wave helped me keep the balance.”
1. Start with freshly washed and towel dried hair, select a part and brush out. Polillo suggests trying überliss shampoo and conditioner ($23.00 – $26.00 @ überliss.com) when you wash the hair.
2. Apply überliss Rituoil ($19.90 @ überliss.com) serum to the damp hair and blow dry smooth with a medium sized round brush to add slight volume at the root. For a added volume at the crown, add 2-3 Velcro rollers.
3. Taking 1″ sections, alternate between the t3 wand and the t3 1″ flat iron to create a slight wave or a ‘s’ shaped wave with the flat iron (available at Sephora $130).
4. Using a liberal amount of Serge Normant Meta-Revive Dry Shampoo (available at Birchbox $25) at the root for a messy volume.
5. Pieced out the ends with Kevin Murphy Undressed ($33.00 available on Amazon) and finish with Leonor Greyl Voluforme Hairspray ($35.00 available on Amazon).