7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Coffee
Caffeine addiction is real. From irritability to migraines, missing your morning mood booster can ruin your day. But people put too much weight on the word “addiction.” Like yeah, coffee is a drug technically, but coffee is packed with antioxidants, and can do amazing things for your energy level and even your intelligence. Here are 7 more of the biggest health benefits provided by your favorite, cozy drink:
- Disease prevention: Caffeine intake has been proven to protect against a bunch of scary old person diseases, including liver disease, Parkinson’s, and type 2 diabetes.
- Heart health: A “moderate” amount (two cups) of coffee every day lowers risk of heart failure by 11%.
- Preventing erectile disfunction: Dudes, drinking two or three cups of coffee a day reduces chances of this awkward sexy time failure by 42%, so guzzle up.
- Burning fat: Caffeine is found in nearly every fat burning supplement, because it boosts your metabolism by stimulating your nervous system. It even increases your body’s fat-burning speed.
- Improves your gym performance: Coffee’s use in fat burning makes fat cells more available to be used as fuel during a work out.
- Protection from Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia: There’s no known cure for Alzheimer’s disease, but regular coffee drinkers are 65% less likely to contract the disease in their later years.
- It’s the best source of antioxidants in the Western diet: Some people actually get more of their antioxidants from coffee than they get from vegetables. Crazy, right?