5 Date-Night Beauty Picks
Date-night beauty is all about playing off of your natural features. A date is not the place to trick someone with the smoke-and-mirrors of extreme contouring, racoon eyes or testing out the Kylie Jenner lip challenge. Whether it’s your first date or a night out with your significant other, remember that they want to be hanging out with you, not a completely disguised alter ego (and better to not completely freak them out the next morning). No matter if you’re going to the beach, to a concert or out to dinner, these 5 products are must-haves for any sort of date.
1. Before any ounce of make-up, fresh breath is so important for any date. Listerine Breath Strips ($4.29 for a pack of 3) are easy to pack in your purse to have in your arsenal all night. They dissolve quickly and are more inconspicuous and pleasant than chomping on a piece of gum. Your date will be eternally grateful (and probably ask you for one too).
2. Between eating and drinking (and ermm…kissing), you don’t want to be wasting your time in the bathroom trying to touch up a bold lip all night. Pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip Balm ($8) keeps your lips silky smooth with moisturizing shea butter, and it adds a pretty, just-amount-of-color tint to your lips.
3. Part of the makeup guru’s new Sandy Nudes Collection, Bobbi Brown’s Shimmering Sands Eye Palette ($70) contains 12 neutral, gorgeously sparkly shades. The shadows are easily blendable to create a subtle smoky-eye, or layer just one of your favorite shades to add just the right amount of shimmer to your lids. Pro-tip: the less glittery shades make a great highlighter for the bridge of your nose, cheekbones and cupids bow (who said shadows had to be limited to just your lids?!).
4. My favorite perfume that has been released recently is Dolce by Dolce & Gabbana ($72 for 1oz). Sandalwood and white amaryllis, white water lily and white daffodil flowers combine to create a soft, musky, delicious scent that is both irresistible and not over-whelming.
5. MAC’s Fluidline eyeliner ($16) has been a long-time favorite of mine. It may seem a little intimidating to apply your liner with a separate brush, but after one use, you’ll be hooked by how easy it actually is to apply close to your lash line and how good it looks on. Stick to more toned-down hues for a more natural look. The best part? Its long-wearing formula will hold up all night.