21 of the Best Prom Songs of the Past 15 Years
People have a lot of mixed feelings about prom,Â and in general it’s one of those things in life that’s best enjoyed from a distance, a.k.a. your memory.
Still, if you did find yourself within the majority of high school students who end up feeling it wasÂ “the most important night of their lives,” chances are you have at least one good memory to look back on.
For instance,Â if you went to prom within the past 10 years, then we know you had a good time for at least 3 and a half minutes, while listening to one of these 26 songs.
And just because high school dancing is separated into three different types of music, we’ve separatedÂ our list into three groups too: grinding, making out, and spazzing out with your friends.
1. Lollipop by Lil Wayne (2008)
Lil Wayne at his finest.
2. Candy Shop by 50 Cent ft. Olivia (2005)
We’re fudging this, but “Candy Shop” got nominated for a Grammy in 2016, so we think this counts.
3.Â Low by Flo Rida ft. T-Pain (2008)
Extra bad girl pointsÂ if you can simultaneously point to the windows, the walls, and the sweat dripping down your dance partner’s balls without getting in trouble with your chaperones.
4. Rack City by Tyga (2012)
This is Tyga’s one important contribution to music.
5. Rude Boy by Rihanna (2009)
Rated R for a reason.
6. Drunk In Love by Beyonce (2013)Â
This songÂ is versatile. It could really be on any list.
1. We Found Love, by Rihanna/Calvin Harris (2011)
Really, is there anybody alive who hasn’t made out to this song with at least 3 different partners?
2. Use Somebody by Kings of Leon (2009)
Okay, so yes this Kings of Leon song is lame, but what else are you gonna do when this kind of song comes on? If you’ve ever been drunk at a bar that plays cheesy music, then you know what we’re talking about.
3. Hold On, We’re Going Home by Drake ft. Majid JordanÂ (2013)
Smooth. Real smooth.
4. Love In This Club by Usher ft. Young Jeezy (2008)
Mhmm, takes you back doesn’t it?
5. Everytime We Touch by Cascada (2005)
It doesn’t matter that this song came out in 2005, because it used to beÂ theÂ song to make out to at school dances.
6. Teenage Dream by Katy Perry (2009)
Isn’t your heart racing just thinking about it?
7. Wild For The Night by A$AP Rocky (2013)Â
Okay, so this song is really just A$AP Rocky rapping over a Skrillex song, but still, it’ll make you want to do things.
Spazzing Out With Your Friends
1. I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift (2012)
If you haven’t embarrassed yourself with your friends to this song at least once, then you’re probably lying to yourself. Or one of those people too cool to have fun. Either way, you have a problem.
2. We Can’t Stop by Miley Cyrus (2013)
Ah, to be young and “about that life” again.
3. Boyfriend by Justin Bieber (2012)
A guilty pleasure we can all agree on.
4. London Bridge by Fergie (2006)
It doesn’t get much worse than this song, which means if you went to prom in 2006, you and all your friends were obsessed with it.
5. Look At Me Now by Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne and Busta RhymesÂ (2011)
It pains me to have to throw props in Chris Brown’s direction, but let’s be honest, he’s not the reason why this song is flawless and everybody loves it. It’s all about the Busta.
6. Where Are U Now by Jack U ft. Justin Bieber (2015)
Even people who don’t like Justin Bieber like this song. I’m too old to know firsthand, but I bet it turns the dance floor into mayhem.
7. Party In the USA by Miley Cyrus (2009)
8. Dance (A$$) by Big SeanÂ ft. Nicki Minaj (2011)
This song is everything, including maybe not appropriate for a high school prom. Did I mention I’m old?